MERIDA SPEEDER 200 (2021) Golden Red (Black)
Recommended accessories based on customer purchases.
• Helmet LAZER - COMPACT
• Scout Bike Alarm & Finder - Rechargable
• LIGHTS - Front & Rear Set - Six20
The Merida Speeder 200 Flat Bar Road Bike is a fitness machine designed for the rider that loves road bike efficiency but not the drop bars. The Speeder is a quality flat-bar road bike with its lightweight alloy frame and even better CF2 tapered carbon fork which gives you an incredibly smooth ride.
The geometry of the Speeder puts you in an upright and comfortable position which is noticeably different to drop bar road bikes and is a great solution for the rider that wants that road bike style with added comfort. The 2x9 speed Shimano Sora drivetrain has a range of gears for you to really test yourself and get fit, commute with speed or just glide up any climb.
The 2x9 Sora groupset is the main upgrade over the 3x8 speed Acera drivetrain on the Speeder 100 and it is a worthy upgrade. On top of that, it is equipped with Tektro M275 Hydraulic Disc Brakes which are reliable in all weather conditions, perfect for when you have to commute in the wet. The Merida Speeder 200 is action-packed for fun and fitness on the pavement, commute like a pro, or just relax with your mates on the Speeder 200.
- Carbon Fork: Carbon forks provide superb vibration damping and precise steering. All road bikes feature a full carbon fork; the steerer and fork blades are all made of carbon.
- X-Taper Headtube: Using a tapered head tube with 1 1/8" bearings in the top and 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" in the bottom creates superb stiffness and precise, confidence-inspiring steering.
- Internal Cable: Cables are routed through the frame, entering and exiting through smooth sockets. The bike looks neat, whilst the cables are protected from moisture and dirt.
- By lengthening the top tube, we were able to obtain a slightly longer reach, giving the rider a bit more sporty yet comfortable riding position.
- Additionally, this geometry adjustment results in a longer wheelbase, which enhances directional stability and enhances riding stability at high speeds when combined with the somewhat laxer head tube angle.
- Powerful and simple to modulate hydraulic disc brakes are standard on all models. Hydraulic disc brakes have excellent stopping power regardless of the weather, need little maintenance, and are unaffected by tangled or rough cables.
- The new SPEEDER can accommodate tires up to 37 mm wide, which improves both the riding comfort and traction (and therefore safety).
- Wider tires provide better puncture resistance. The SPEEDER can still accommodate fenders that are up to 32 mm wide.
- We employ 6066 series aluminum, the highest grade typically used in the manufacture of bicycles. Its metallic makeup enables it to undergo significant hydroforming (a process of forcing a hot emulsion of water and oil through tubes in a negative mold). This enables us to alter the thickness of the walls and adjust the frame so that it is robust where needed and flexible where necessary.
- On all of our models, we have internal cable routing. Smooth sockets allow cables to enter and exit the frame as they are being routed through it. Only a sophisticated method for our internal guidance and fixing ensures reliable and rattle-free routing, while the cables are shielded from moisture and dirt and offer the bike a neater appearance.
- A complete carbon, tapered fork is standard on every model. In addition to being lightweight, carbon provides excellent vibration-absorbing qualities, which enhance ride quality. The front end of the bike is quite firm thanks to the carbon tapered steerer, resulting in precise and assured handling.
About Merida Bikes:
Merida has been handcrafting their bikes in our own factory in Taiwan for more than 50 years.
They are able to control the entire production process, from the initial design concept to the finished product, thanks to the close collaboration between our highly skilled R&D team, located in one of Germany's design and product development hotspots, and their highly skilled engineers, production, and assembly teams in our headquarters in Yuanlin.
Merida is in a unique position to build some of the most advanced bicycles in the world because of this position and they are ongoing commitment to product improvement.
Click & Collect: Yes
Wheel Size: 700c
Frame Material: Alloy
Fork Material: Carbon
Groupset Brand: Shimano
Groupset: Shimano Sora
Cassette Type: 9 Speed
Chainset Type: Double
Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc Brake
Bottom Bracket: FSA TH-7420ST, Cartridge Bearing
Brakes Tektro M275; 2 piston
Brake Levers: Tektro
Cassette: Shimano CS-HG200; 11-32 ATC; 9 Speed
Chain: KMC M99
Crankset FSA Tempo; 50-34 ATC
Derailleur Front: Shimano Sora
Derailleur Rear: Shimano Sora; SS
Fork: MERIDA SPEEDER CF2; Tapered; MAT carbon
Frame: SPEEDER LITE II; MAT aluminium; 700C WHS; 100”9/135”9 AST; BSA BBR
Grips: MERIDA Comp EC
Handlebar: MERIDA COMP TK; MAT aluminium; 600 Wide; Flat
Headset: MERIDA M2341 Neck
Hubs: Shimano FH-TX505; 135”9 WHR; 32 Spokes; centerlock
Pedals PP pedal ( VPE-891 )
Rims: MERIDA COMP SL; 17 IWR; 22 HRI; MAT aluminium
Saddle: MERIDA COMP SL; V-mount
Seatpost: MERIDA COMP CC; MAT aluminium; 30.9 Diameter; 12 Setback
Stem: MERIDA COMP CC; MAT aluminium; 31.8 Diameter; 6 Angle
Spokes: Black stainless
Shifters: Shimano SL-R3000
Tyres: Maxxis Detonator; 700x32C; wire
Speeds: 2 x 9
Lifetime warranty on all frames for the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This covers manufacturing and material defects. No exclusions for racing.
Rider and equipment weight limit: 120kg for standard bikes; 140kg for e-Bikes. Proof of purchase must be presented. (frames from model year 2011 onwards). *Conditions apply. * The lifespan of a bike is up to ten years.
Forks: Carbon and aluminium rigid forks are guaranteed for 5 years from the date of purchase
Suspension: Rear suspension components are guaranteed for 2 years from the date of purchase
All other MERIDA branded components, including paint and finish, are guaranteed for 1 year from the date of purchase.