MERIDA SCULTURA RIM 100 Road Bike - Blue/White ( 2021)
Recommended accessories based on customer purchases.
• Helmet LAZER - COMPACT
• Scout Bike Alarm & Finder - Rechargable
• LIGHTS - Front & Rear Set - Six20
With its adaptability and sophisticated features, the Merida Scultura Rim 100 Road Bike is an aluminium frame bicycle designed to handle every challenge on the road. The frame is made of aluminium to reduce weight and increase stiffness, durability, and power transfer. The frame and CF2 carbon fork provide you superb control and rapid steering, enabling you to always choose the fastest line.
The 2x8 speed Shimano Claris groupset, which is dependable and slick, gives the Scultura 100 a powerful punch. This precise groupset offers precise shifting and excellent control for a quiet, clean, and responsive ride.
The quick Maxxis Dolomites tyres give you raw speed and the ability to maximise your potential while riding by minimising rolling resistance. This great mid-range road bike for racing or group rides, and most riders who prefer the simplicity of rim brakes will find its snappy handling and comfort to be ideal.
The Merida Scultura Rim 100 Road Bike is a dynamic road bike that is built with cutting-edge technology to provide you a smooth, quick, and enjoyable ride. This bike is top-notch on every ride; whether you're ascending a hill or descending a flat, it can do it all.
- The process of hydroforming includes inserting tubes into moulds that are negative. They can be moulded into intricate shapes by being driven through a heated emulsion of water and oil under pressure. Technoforming is a mechanical forming technique that shapes the tubes using negative moulds and, occasionally, an interior metal core. Smooth welding, also referred to as double pass welding, refers to a second pass over the weld to give the frame a smooth, organic appearance; at first glance, you'll think it's made of carbon rather than aluminium.
- Tubes with two different wall thicknesses—thinner in the middle and thicker at the ends—are referred to as double or triple-butted. In order to maximise power, where it is required while minimising weight in places subjected to less stress, tubes with three distinct wall thicknesses along their length, are said to be triple butted.
- Our aluminium is heat treated throughout. To prevent the alloying elements from precipitating, frames are heated to extremely high temperatures (a T6 temper) and then immediately cooled in water or oil. After that, frames are heated to a lower temperature, which artificially ages and greatly strengthens them.
- Our proven high-end aluminium (6066) is extremely light and durable. Using triple butted wall thicknesses and hydroforming technology, we can tune the aluminium tubes to give the best possible stiffness to weight ratio.
- Tubes are inserted into negative moulds and a hot emulsion of water and oil is forced through at pressure, enabling them to be formed into complex shapes.
- The X-Tapered headtube provides room for the installation of a tapered fork. Forks that are tapered provide excellent rigidity, precision, and assurance-inspiring steering.
- A second pass over the weld, sometimes known as "double pass welding," gives the frame a neat, organic appearance. You'll be convinced it's carbon at first glimpse.
- Smooth sockets allow cables to enter and exit the frame as they are being routed through it. The bike appears tidy, and the cables are shielded from dust and dampness.
About Merida Bikes:
Merida has been handcrafting their bikes in our Taiwan factory for over 50 years.
They are able to control the entire production process, from the initial design concept to the finished product, thanks to the close collaboration between our highly skilled R&D team, located in one of Germany's design and product development hotspots, and their highly skilled engineers, production, and assembly teams in our headquarters in Yuanlin.
Merida is in a unique position to build some of the most advanced bicycles in the world because of this position and they are ongoing commitment to product improvement.
Click & Collect: Yes
Wheel Size: 700c
Frame Material: Alloy
Fork Material: Carbon
Groupset Brand: Shimano
Groupset: Shimano Claris
Cassette Type: 8 Speed
Chainset Type: Double
Brake Type: Rim Brake
Bottom Bracket: FSA TH-7420ST, Cartridge Bearing
Brakes: Lee Chi ROAD Dual Pivot
Brake Levers: Shimano Claris
Cassette: Sunrace CS8; 11-28 ATC; 8 Speed
Chain: Sunrace CN-M84
Crankset: FSA Tempo; 50-34 ATC
Derailleur Front: Shimano Claris
Derailleur Rear: Shimano Claris; GS
Fork: SCULTURA RIM CF2
Frame: SCULTURA RIM lite-BSA
Grips: MERIDA ROAD Comp
Handlebar: MERIDA Expert SL
Headset: MERIDA M2341 Neck
Hubs: Road seal bearing; 130x9 WHR; 28 Spokes
Pedals: not included
Rims: MERIDA Comp SL; 17 IWR; 20 HRI
Saddle: MERIDA COMP SL; V-mount
Seatpost: MERIDA Comp CC; 27.2 Diameter; 12 Setback
Stem: MERIDA Comp CC; 31.8 Diameter; -6 Angle
Spokes: Black stainless
Shifters: Shimano Claris
Tyres: Maxxis Pursuer; 700x25C; fold
Speeds: 2 x 8
Lifetime warranty on all frames for the entire ownership of the original purchaser. This covers manufacturing and material defects. No exclusions for racing.
Rider and equipment weight limit: 120kg for standard bikes; 140kg for e-Bikes.
Proof of purchase must be presented. (frames from model year 2011 onwards). *Conditions apply. * The lifespan of a bike is up to ten years.
Forks: Carbon and aluminium rigid forks are guaranteed for 5 years from the date of purchase
Suspension: Rear suspension components are guaranteed for 2 years from the date of purchase
All other MERIDA branded components, including paint and finish, are guaranteed for 1 year from the date of purchase.